We all know how much importance water has in our lives. In these hot summer days, it is really required to stay hydrated by drinking water in short intervals. Therefore, this summer lets try something which has more benefits than just water. And that can be done with Detox Water. In this article, we are going to share some benefits of detox water along with the recipe to make it.
Before going to the benefits and recipe let us first understand What Detox Water is?
Detox water is water that has been infused with the flavours of fresh fruits, veggies or herbs. You can make detox water at home in different variations using any combination of fruits, vegetables and herbs that you like.
The subtle taste of the fruits in it is really good and it helps drink more water. The ingredients in the flavoured water not only taste wonderful but depending on your additions, they also contain properties that are extremely beneficial to your body. It has no calories and fills your stomach so you don’t feel as hungry.
Now lets go to the benefits part:
Benefits of Detox Water
Detox water has many benefits and some of them are as follows:
- Weight loss.
- Toxin removal or detox.
- Improving mood.
- Better digestive health.
- Improving complexion.
- Balancing the pH of the body.
- Boosting immune function.
- Increasing energy levels.
- Improving complexion.
However, the properties of detox water will differ depending on the ingredients you use and the strength of the infusion.
Now, let’s begin with 7 Detox Water Ideas for better health and skin. Because it’s time to switch to detox water instead of soft drinks or high-sugar drinks.
How to Make Detox Water
Making detox water at home is very easy and simple. All you need is water and a selection of fruits, vegetables and herbs.
It takes a few efforts and very less time to make detox water. So, even if you are living a busy life and are not able to give much time to your health, you can make detox water in less than 10 minutes.
Here are some popular detox water recipe combinations that we are going to share in this article:
- Strawberry Detox Water
- Lemon Detox Water
- Pineapple and sugarcane detox water
- Aloe vera and Lemon detox water
- Cucumber, lemon and mint detox water
- Cucumber detox water
- Apple cider vinegar detox water
1. Strawberry Detox Water
Strawberries are full of antioxidants and help us retain a natural glow on our face. They are rich in vitamin C which is good for our gums and also makes our skin soft.
Steps to make Strawberry Detox Water:
- Cut the strawberries in medium-sized slices.
- Add the strawberry in the water and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before drinking.
- Squeeze a lemon in it before drinking and here your strawberry detox water is ready.
2.Lemon Infused Water
The simplest recipe is of lemon detox water. Lemon solves all the problems from skin whitening to acne. Being rich in vitamin C it clears the wrinkles from your face and gives it a glow. Also, it is good for our ph level and immune system.
Steps for Lemon Detox Water:
- It is like lemonade only but without sugar in it. Take one lemon.
- Squeeze it in the water and keep the water in the freezer.
- Don’t add too much ice and try drinking it on a daily basis for better skin. You can also add mint leaves to it for a more refreshing flavour.
3. Pineapple and Sugarcane Flavoured Water
Pineapple and sugarcane are best for a tropical taste in your detox water. While on one side pineapple fights with the radicals and cleans our body, on the other side sugarcane prevents ageing and acne.
Steps to make Detox Water:
- Add a few pineapple chunks and 2 fresh small sugarcane sticks in it.
- Mix them properly and add ice to it.
- Refrigerate it till it sits properly for better flavour.
4. Aloe vera and Lemon Infused Water
They both work as twin sisters and help you fight so many skin diseases like rashes and infections. Lemon gives you a fairer complexion because of its bleaching nature and aloe vera helps you in having a fit body and glowing skin.
Steps to make Aloe vera and Lemon Detox Water:
- Take an aloe vera and take out the gel using a spoon.
- Add lemon juice with the gel and add water to it.
- Refrigerate it for 3-4 hours and drink it as often as possible.
5. Cucumber, Lemon and Mint Detox Water
It is the healthiest detox water recipe for great skin. Cucumber keeps you hydrated, the lemon mobilizes bile from liver to small intestine and mint gives a cooling flavour. This detox water also helps in losing weight.
Steps for Cucumber, Lemon and Mint detox water:
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices and put into the water.
- Squeeze the lemon in it.
- Add a few mint leaves with a pinch of salt.
- Finally, refrigerate it for a couple of hours and there you go.
NOTE: Be sure to remove the ingredients after this time though,
so they don't begin to decompose.
6. Cucumber Detox Water
The easy and tasty detox drink is best to sip all day and to keep yourself hydrated. They’re really low in calories and high in fibre and so they help in losing weight as well as helps us have a fresh and gorgeous skin for whole day long.
Steps to make Detox Water:
This detox water recipe just contains cucumber and water. In order to have all the benefits of the water drink it regularly after refrigerating it for 5-6 hours.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Water
Yes, you read it right, other than its speciality of dressing a salad it is also good for our skin. It heals acne, soothes and cleanses the skin. It is also good for maintaining the ph level, body weight and immune system.
- Take one to two tablespoons of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Add water to it.
- For sweetening, add 1-2 tablespoon of honey to it. It’s ready to take a sip!
NOTE: If you're in a hurry, crushing or bruising your fruit and herbs
before using them can help release the flavours more quickly.
We hope you liked the recipe to make detox water. Let us know if you have tried any of them this summer.
Read this article for protecting yourself from the summer heat- Which Sunscreen to Use According to your Skin Type
Our next article will be on Met Gala 2019. Stay tuned to know all about it!