Need help on finding the right foundation shade, or mastering the look of the season? You’ve come to the right place. With a lot of brands popping up in the market, it has become very difficult to choose the perfect foundation for Indian skin tone. It is all you need for a radiant and bright skin. Foundation as the name suggests: is the building block on which you’ll build your entire makeup look.
According to its definition foundation is a liquid or powder makeup applied to the face to create an even, uniform color to the complexion, cover flaws and, sometimes, to change the natural skin tone.
Foundation if used in the correct amount and the correct shade will be very effective to hide dark circles, spots, wrinkles, etc. It even gives your skin an even tone and is a multifunctional product. Apart from just giving an even tone in today’s time, the foundation has a much more beneficial role.
Foundation nowadays also protects your skin from pollution, the harmful UV rays from the Sun, and also helps to balance oily or dry skin.
This article could be your crash course from choosing the right foundation to how to use your foundation for a natural look.
How to Pick the Right Foundation?
With an enormous amount of variants and brands available in the market choosing the right foundation nowadays can be really overwhelming available in the market. Points to be kept in mind while choosing a foundation:
• Find the right match: Do not choose the shade of your foundation according to the shade of your face. Foundation oxidizes with use and gets a shade darker with the mixture of natural elements, oils on your face and other products you have used before it.
Always choose it according to the skin tone of your neck or chest. Apply potential shades to your neck to see if they are right shade as the most common mistake people make is by choosing a shade by swatches on their forearms but the skin there is darker than the face.
• Level of coverage: Before buying a foundation one should keep in mind the kind of coverage they want. If you want your foundation to stay on for a long time and that it covers their acne and spots then you should opt for a full coverage foundation. If you are not a huge fan of heavy makeup then go for medium or light coverage foundations.
• SPF is Must: It is always better to choose a foundation with an SPF. As we all know that the days are getting hotter and hotter and our skin needs to be protected from the UV rays and from getting tanned. Therefore, instead of first using sunscreen and then using a foundation, it is better to use a foundation with an SPF.
• Mixing and matching of shades: If you do not find a perfect match of foundation for your skin, then all you need to do is to mix two shades which are closest to your skin. Doing so will help you create a shade that perfectly blends with your skin. If your skin has warm undertones, use shades with warm yellow undertones and for cool use those with pinkish undertones.
Choose the right foundation keeping in mind your skin type:
Always buy a foundation keeping in mind your skin type. In order to have proper coverage of the foundation, it is very important to choose the perfect foundation.
Best Foundation for Dry Skin:
If you have dry to normal skin then choose a dewy finish and for combination to dry skin go for a matte finish. Buy a foundation which has a moisturizer infused in it, so that it hydrates and moisturizes your skin along with making your skin glow.
Best Foundation for Oily Skin:
For those who have oily skin, then the best way is to use a powder foundation. If it is not available, then all you need is a compact. It will soak excess oil from your skin.
The ultimate goal of using foundation is to make your face look like a beautiful, glowing slab of marble with smooth skin free from blemishes or scars. But the ultimate result, despite your best efforts, is usually a face that looks cakey. Worried, you’ve overdone it! It is often seen that people who do not use makeup on a regular basis, find that their skin is looking too bright on days when they use makeup and also makes their face look cakey.
1. The best option for them is to use a cream or a moisturizing lotion with its foundation to lighten the effect of the
2. Another option is to use a wet-wipe and pat it on your skin gently and evenly to remove the excess makeup.
The Best Way to Apply a Foundation for Natural-Looking Skin
For a perfect glowing and a natural-looking skin, it is important that you apply the foundation in a correct manner.
1. First and foremost it is very important to clean your skin and make sure that it is free from all impurities, germs and remaining makeup. All you need to do is to lightly swab your skin with a cotton pad soaked in cleansing water and clean your face with it.
2. After cleaning your skin the second important step is to prep your skin so that your product does not end up looking dry and flaky.
To prep, your skin after cleansing put on a thin layer of moisturizer all over your face. Let the cream sink in for 5-10 minutes before applying your foundation.
3. Now that your skin is prepared, add two pumps to your palm. Then use a brush or a blender to dab the product onto your skin so that it covers the majority of your skin starting at the center of the face and blending it outward.
P.S. Do not forget to apply it on your neck.
4. Now that you have applied the product to your skin, here’s where the second-skin magic comes in. Take a beauty blender which is damp, and gently dab it on your face.
Do not smudge or swipe the sponge as it’ll absorb the product. Use the pointed tip of the blender for the corners around your nose and eyes.
Kudos to you—you’ve officially mastered the art of applying a foundation perfectly for a smooth, glowy, non-patchy skin.
Also, check out: