We all know how much importance water has in our lives. In these hot summer days, it is really required to stay hydrated by drinking water in short intervals. Therefore, this summer lets try something which has more benefits than just water. And that can be done with Detox Water. Here, I am going to share some detox water benefits and how to make detox water at home.
Before going to the benefits and recipe, let us first understand What is Detox Water?
Detox water is water that has been infused with the flavours of fresh fruits, veggies or herbs. You can make any of these at home in different variations using any combination of fruits, vegetables, and herbs that you like.
The subtle and refreshing taste of the fruits in it is delicious and it helps drink more water. The ingredients in the flavoured water not only taste wonderful but depending on your additions, they also contain properties that are incredibly beneficial to your body. It has no calories and fills your stomach, so you don’t feel as hungry.
Now, let’s go to the benefits part:
Benefits of Detox Water
There are multiple health benefits of detox water, and some of them are as follows:
- Weight loss.
- Toxin removal or detox.
- Improving mood.
- Better digestive health.
- Improving complexion.
- Balancing the pH of the body.
- Boosting immune function.
- Increasing energy levels.
- Improving complexion.
However, the properties will differ depending on the ingredients you use and the strength of the infusion.
Now, let’s begin with 7 Detox Water Ideas for better health and skin, detox water for weight loss, detox water for acne, etc. Because it’s time to switch to these healthy drink instead of soft drinks or high-sugar drinks.
How to Make Detox Water
Making these at home is very easy and takes just a few minutes. All you need is water and a selection of vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
It takes a few efforts and very less time to make it. So, even if you are living a busy life and are not able to give much time to your health, you can make detox water in less than 10 minutes.
Here are some popular detox water ingredients and combinations that we are going to share in this article:
- Strawberry Detox Water
- Lemon Detox Water
- Pineapple and sugarcane detox water
- Aloe vera and Lemon detox water
- Cucumber, lemon and mint detox water
- Cucumber detox water
- Apple cider vinegar detox water
1. Strawberry Detox Water
Strawberries are full of antioxidants and help us retain a natural glow on our face. They are rich in vitamin C, which is good for our gums and also makes our skin soft.
Steps to make Strawberry Infused Water:
- Cut the strawberries in medium-sized slices.
- Add the strawberry in the water and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before drinking.
- Squeeze a lemon in it before drinking, and here your strawberry detox water is ready.
You can also add lemon to this recipe to make it strawberry lemon detox water which is even tastier and healthier.
2. Lemon Infused Water
The simplest recipe is of lemon detox water. Lemon solves all the problems from skin whitening to acne. Being rich in vitamin C it clears the wrinkles from your face and gives it a glow. Also, it is suitable for our ph level and immune system.
Steps for Lemon Water:
- It is like lemonade only but without sugar in it. Take one lemon.
- Squeeze it in the water and keep the water in the freezer.
- Don’t add too much ice and try drinking it daily for better skin. You can also add mint to it for a more refreshing flavour.
3. Pineapple and Sugarcane Flavoured Water
Pineapple and sugarcane are best for a tropical taste in your detox water. While on one side, pineapple fights with the radicals and cleanse our body, on the other side, sugarcane prevents aging and acne.
Steps to make Pineapple Water:
- Add a few pineapple chunks and 2 fresh small sugarcane sticks in it.
- Mix them properly and add ice to it.
- Refrigerate it till it sits properly for better flavour.
4. Aloe vera and Lemon Infused Water
They both work as twin sisters and help you fight so many skin diseases like rashes and infections. Lemon gives you a fairer complexion because of its bleaching nature, and aloe vera helps you in having a fit body and glowing skin.
Steps to make Aloe vera and Lemon Water:
- Take an aloe vera and take out the gel using a spoon.
- Add lemon juice with the gel and add water to it.
- Refrigerate it for 3-4 hours and drink it as often as possible.
5. Cucumber, Lemon and Mint Detox Water
It is the healthiest detox water recipe, and it’s great for the skin. Cucumber keeps you hydrated, the lemon mobilizes bile from liver to small intestine and mint gives a cooling flavour. This is the best detox water for liver and also helps in losing weight.
I often get queries about how to make cucumber detox water. So, let’s check on the recipe:
Steps for Cucumber, Lemon and Mint Water:
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices and put into the water.
- Squeeze the lemon in it.
- Add a few mint leaves with a pinch of salt.
- Finally, refrigerate it for a couple of hours, and there you go.
NOTE: Be sure to remove the ingredients after this time though, so they don’t begin to decompose.
6. Cucumber Detox Water
This natural and tasty drink is best to sip all day and to keep yourself hydrated. Some cucumber-infused water benefits are that it is really low in calories and high in fiber and so they help in losing weight soon. Cucumber detox water is best for skin glow and helps to have a fresh and gorgeous skin for whole day long.
Cucumber Infused WaterSteps:
This recipe just contains cucumber and water. To have all the benefits of the water, drink it regularly after refrigerating it for 5-6 hours.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Water
Yes, you read it right, other than its specialty of dressing a salad; it is also good for our skin. It heals acne, soothes, and cleanses the skin. Moreover, it is also good for maintaining the ph level, body weight, and immune system.
- Take one to two tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Add water to it.
- For sweetening, add 1-2 tablespoon of honey to it. It’s ready to take a sip!
If you’re in a hurry, crushing or bruising your fruit and herbs before using them can help release the flavours more quickly.
|Strawberry Detox Water||Retains natural glow and makes skin soft|
|Lemon Detox Water||Prevents acne and wrinkles|
|Pineapple and Sugarcane Detox Water||Cleanse the body and prevents aging and acne|
|Aloe vera and Lemon Detox Water||Fight skin diseases and infections|
|Cucumber, Lemon and Mint Detox Water||Helps in losing weight and good for the liver|
|Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Water||Maintains ph level and immune system of the body|
|Cucumber Detox Water||Helps in losing weight and skin glow|
These were some best detox water. We hope you liked the recipe to make it. Let us know if you have tried any of them this summer.
Read this article for protecting yourself from the summer heat-
Our next article will be on Met Gala 2019. Stay tuned to know all about it!