It does you no harm, going the extra mile with your skincare routine. Using a face mask is a commitment for beautiful and healthy skin. Face masks are the best thing to a professional facial at a salon. I’ve always been a fan of the skincare routine, and face masks are one of my most loved skincare products. They’re very easy to use, fun to apply, and deliver positive and visible changes in no time.
Facial masks are multipurpose and are used to treat a majority of skincare issues. In the end, they leave your skin feeling fresh, hydrated, and supple.
Face masks are effective only if used correctly. A few essential pointers to keep in mind while selecting a face mask for effective results are:
- Skin Type: Always choose your face mask keeping in mind your skin type and the texture of your skin. For example, if you have dry skin, try using a face mask that has moisturizing properties.
- Clean skin is a must: Before applying a face mask, always make sure that your skin is clean. Wash your face first and pat dry your skin with a towel and then apply the mask for better results.
#Also remember to clean your hands well before applying a face mask.
- Tik Tok Tik Tok: Do not leave on your face mask for too long. Always set a timer, after you apply your face mask, and remove it as soon as the time is up. Leaving the face mask longer than the specified time won’t make it better.
- Moisturize: Always remember to moisturize your face after masking; otherwise, it may result in dry skin.
- Consistency Matters: For effective results, use your face masks consistently. You do not have to reserve face masks for special occasions and do not break the continuity.
4 Reasons You Need to Make Putting Face Masks a Routine
1. Relaxation and Rejuvenation
Tired from a long day at work. No worries, just put on a face mask and get the feeling of being pampered in a spa from the comfort of your home. Face masks are not only a skincare product, but they can also be quite therapeutic. Just add a few drops of skincare and aromatic oils in your face mask like lavender and rosemary and uplift your mood and relieve your stress in minutes.
2. Deep Cleansing
Cleaning your skin every day helps remove dirt, oil, makeup, and impurities from the surface of the skin. But with the application of face masks, the cleansing process goes to a whole new level. A good facial mask helps remove impurities and clean your skin from deep within.
3. Glowing Skin
Masks can help stimulate blood circulation and give a softer-feeling and smoother-looking skin. In the process of masking the mask drying on your skin and its removal causes an expansion in the blood vessels which ensures an overall improvement in skin tone.
4. Helps your Overall Regimen
Face Masks work as a catalyst and makes all of your other skincare products work more efficiently. If you want your serums or other skincare products to be absorbed by your skin deeper and work efficiently, then a face mask is a must. Using these regularly helps in toning, hydrating, and protecting your skin. Masking also provides a smoother skin for doing your makeup and makes sure that your makeup products will all perform better, and present results at a much faster pace.
DIY Face Mask Recipes
Here are a few DIY facial masks that you can make at home for a softer-feeling and smoother-looking skin.
Banana-Oatmeal Exfoliating Face Mask
1. Take four tablespoons of oatmeal and mashed banana.
2. Mix it well with 1 tbsp of honey and a little milk.
3. Apply on the face for fifteen minutes and massage gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Apply it all over the face and then let it dry.
5. Wash off the scrub with lukewarm water.
Since bananas are rich in potassium and moisture, it will give your skin a boost of hydration and moisturize dry skin, making it soft and supple. Oatmeal helps with acne as it removes dirt from pores and is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants. Our skin needs exfoliation to remain healthy due to the dust and pollution it is exposed to. Exfoliation with this simple scrub can keep the skin fresh and prevent wrinkles.
Combat Dry Skin With Orange Peel Mask
1. Sun-dry and powder orange peels of 2 to 3 oranges.
2.1 tablespoon multani mitti.
3. Add 2 teaspoons milk and make it into a fine paste.
4. Add a few drops of Coconut Oil
5. Apply this face pack on your face and wait till it dries.
6. Wash your face with cold water after 30 mins.
Orange peel will lighten the skin tone along with multani mitti and also work as a tan removal scrub. The potassium in orange peel hydrates the parched dehydrated skin. The milk also works as a moisturizer and helps restore the skin’s moisture.
Tone it with a Vinegar
1. 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
3. Pinch of turmeric
4. Mix all the ingredients along with water to make a paste.
Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in vitamins and minerals (A, B1, B2, B6, C and E, potassium, calcium). It can be used as an antiseptic because it contains malic acid and also draws out toxins (acidic Ph~2.5) from the skin. It has been used to cleanse and tighten your skin for a long time.
Get a Glowing skin with Strawberry and Yogurt Face Mask
1. Mash up a handful of ripe strawberries
2. Add 3 tablespoons of ground almonds
3. 1 tablespoon fresh cream
4. 1 teaspoon honey
5. Mix all the ingredients together
Strawberry can save your skin from multiple disorders like acne, blackheads, whiteheads, oily skin, and more. They nourish as well as revitalize your skin and make it look fresh and glowing.
Enjoy these natural, preservative-free facial masks.
We hope you liked the recipe to make a facial mask at home. Let us know if you have tried any of them this summer.
Also, check out: