The festival of colours is just around the corner which calls for lots of gujiya, gulal, thandai and laughter! Every year we eagerly wait for holi. But if you are panicking because you have yet not decided on what you’ll be wearing tomorrow. Well, no issues, because we’re here to your rescue. From your outfits to footwear to accessories to your skincare and makeup, we have listed it all!
Apart from the clothes being comfortable you also want them to look fashionable so that you can stand out in the crowd and celebrate Holi with style.
Keep in Mind the Colour of the Clothes while playing Holi
Choose vibrant colours to wear this Holi. Try shades of red, orange, purple and blue. Wear oversized t-shirts and to give it a structure and make it more fashionable to tie a knot at its bottom or put on any belt to cinch in at the waist. Along with this, you can choose a pair of shorts, pedal pushers, linen pants culottes, or a pair of pyjama pants.
A short Kurti with a pair of shorts is also an amazing outfit for Holi. Try full sleeves clothes to save your skin from Holi colours. To complete your look, wear a bandana or a scarf on your head. This will not only make your outfit look super stylish but also protect your hair from the colours.
Keep in mind the Fabric of the Garments
Avoid fabrics that are translucent, because if they get wet they stick to your body and become see-through and also make you uncomfortable. Don’t wear fabrics like crepe, satin or georgette. It is always better to choose a cotton fabric as it is not only comfortable but also looks good on everyone.
Try Ethnic Fusion
After playing Holi people always go to meet their family and friends. It is always better to plan your outfits beforehand. Long skirts and crop tops are in fashion these days. To give it an ethnic look pair it with a pair of simple silver oxidised jhumkas and take a dupatta as a scarf.
Linen full sleeves kurta along with pants will also make a good outfit, to amp up the look and make it more traditional add a bandhani dupatta. The best and the most simple option is to wear chikankari kurti with a pair of Patiala salwar and take a multicolored dupatta to complete the look.
Fashionable jumpsuit sarees are also coming in trend nowadays, so why not try it on before everyone else.
Chanderi Anarkali flared kurta with palazzo pants will also look good for a family get together. The most important points to be kept in mind while choosing your outfit is that you should be comfortable in whatever you are wearing.
Holi Skincare and Makeup Hacks
*Marsplayer blogger @adlina02 shows us how to take care of your skin for holi
- Before stepping out to play Holi and before applying any makeup make sure that your skin is well hydrated and moisturized.
- Put on a thin layer of foundation on your face before stepping out to play Holi. It will not only brighten your face but also act as a barrier between the holi colours and your skin.
- Don’t forget to use a lip liner along with your lipstick. This will help your lips look fuller and more defined. Use mascara on your eyelashes, as it will make your eyes look bigger and also stand between the eyelashes and the colours.
- Holi colours stain our nails for a long period of time, therefore, to avoid this apply a nail paint while playing Holi on both your hand and toenails.
- For colourful makeup, use the fuscia lipstick along with the golden and silver eyeliner. This will pop out your makeup and make you look more stunning.
- While taking a post holi bath, try not to apply chemical cleansers to your skin again and again. Use natural body cleansers like shikakai powder, haldi and besan, multani mitti and rose water.
Also, check out:
Download the Marsplay App and upload your fashionable images to win exciting cash prizes and more.