The only thing that brings relief to this scorching summer is a pool party. Sipping cocktails by the pool is always a fun idea. Pool parties are a great way to have fun in the sun and to bring your A-game forward by selecting amazing pool party outfits.
However, the first question that pops up in your mind is “What do I wear?” While choosing for an outfit always remember that apart from being fashionable, it should also be comfortable and practical at the same time. Wear anything that makes you feel and look great, and you’ll definitely rock the party.
Marsplay brings you a simple guide of poolside party outfits and do’s and don’ts you need to keep in mind while attending a pool party.
1. When in doubt put on a Tank Top
Nothing says pool party, more than a tank top or a spaghetti top with a pair of shorts or a long flowy skirt. It is both airy and gives out major pool party vibes.
It is also ideal and can be worn as a cover-up for a swimsuit. Complete the look with a messy bun or beachy curls.
2. Turn up the heat with a Maxi Dress
Opt for a flowy maxi dress and turn up the heat of your pool party. A maxi dress can act as a cover-up for a swimsuit as well. For a boho look, pair your maxi dress with fringe or tassel earrings, a jute tote bag and a pair of flat sandals or flip flops. Go for a printed maxi dress with a tropical print on it for a more relaxed look.
3. Bring it on with a Sarong and Bralette
You cannot forget about a sarong if you are talking about pool party outfits. A sarong can be worn as it is and can also act as a cover-up.
Style a fun off-shoulder with a floral wrap skirt, and you will be the center of fashionable attention all day. Complete the look by pairing it with a pair of espadrilles.
4. Dress it up with a Summer Dress
Another poolside-friendly outfit is a cute and casual summer dress. A summer dress is a definition of both simplicity and style at the same time. Always remember to pick a light-colored and flowy summer dress. Choose a dress with fabric which is light and breathable. Fabrics such as linens are the ultimate summer fabrics and are perfect for a pool party.
5. Chill by the Pool in a Kimono
A kimono is a poolside essential and can be worn in different ways. You can pair it with wide-legged pants or trousers for a breezy look. Kimono can also be used as a cover-up for a swimsuit.
View this post on Instagram
This picture is from archives when I went to Goa last year sometime around in December. I wasn't having the best time of my life and hence, I decided to go to Goa and have some fun and take a break. It was quite a downer though, the entire trip. I only remember not leaving the bed and not eating at all. I lost 3 kgs, on a VACATION. I might look visibly thinner, too. I'm throwing back to this today to remind myself that I need to love every bit of myself, take life as it comes and most importantly that I am out of the rut and it would suck big time to fall back into it. So, get up, eat well and have a smile on. Never neglect your body, it's a gift to us and it's our responsibility to take care of this precious gift. Lots of love, have a great Sunday. ❤️
6. A White Shirt is a Classic Solution
A white shirt is a staple piece and is found in almost everyone’s closet, The reason behind this is it can be worn in many ways and yes pool party is one of them. Pair a white shirt with a pair of your basic denim shorts.
View this post on Instagram
My DMs are filled with screenshots of your votes! I'm so so so grateful of the family we have. Thank you @cosmoindia & @nandinibhalla for nominating me under the Best Fashion Blog category! Even more an incredible feeling to be sharing the category with such talented women! Hit the link in my BIO if you think I deserve to win this one. Love you guys. ✨
Complete the look with a pair of oversized sunglasses, a straw hat and a pair of gladiator flats. Use your white shirt as a coverup for your swimsuit and pair it with a pair of flared pants.
Do’s and Don’ts!!
Apart from dressing up, there are other important pointers to keep in mind for a pool party.
1. Accessories make or break the look
1. A large bag is a must: A large tote bag is essential for a pool party. Carry a cute bag that goes with your outfit. Jute and straw bags are tending these days. Apart from these, aim for bags with cute patterns or cool one-liners. Avoid materials like suede, leather or PU leather bags as they might get damaged.
2. Go for Minimalism: Accessorize your outfit with a statement piece of jewelry. Wear lightweight earrings, with tassels or fringes and simple chokers or chains. Practice moderation to avoid an overdone look.
3. Sunglasses complete the look: Always carry a perfect pair of sunglasses with you. it is the basic accessory required at a pool party. Select the sunglasses to compliment your face shape. Cat eyes and thin-rimmed glasses are trending nowadays.
4. Pool parties are incomplete without a hat: Along with sunglasses also keep a straw hat, as it’ll not only keep the sun off your face but also make your outfit more glamorous.
5. Heels is a BIG No-No: Choose a pair of flats, slides or flip flops which are less expensive, comfortable and go well with your outfit. Avoid expensive footwear, as they might get ruined. Avoid heels and stick to only wedges if you want to wear heels.
2. It’s the Details that Matter
1. Protection from the sun is never enough: Always remember to make put on some sunscreen before stepping out of your house. It is very important to take special care of your skin during a pool party.
Carry a sunscreen along with you and reapply at regular intervals. Keep in mind that your sunscreen should be waterproof if you are planning to take a swim.
2. Avoid a Makeup Horror: Keep in mind that you do minimal makeup and opt for a subtle and natural look. Always use waterproof makeup in order to avoid a makeup disaster.
3. Keep it Simple: If you want your hair to look great throughout the day, choose for simple hairstyles. Hairstyles such as messy buns, braids or ponytails go a long way. You can also opt for beachy waves or a blow-dry look.
Let us know in the comments section, which pool party outfits you are going to try this summer?
Stay tuned for our next article.
Also, check out this interesting article that will help you revive your summer wardrobe: 6 Items from your Closet to Ditch in Summer 2019.
Download the Marsplay App and upload your fashionable images to win exciting cash prizes and more.