Summer season is a hard time for not just the body but also your skin. Pollution and other environmental contaminants take away your skin’s natural glow, leaving it oily, dull, and blemished. As the temperature soars, the heat becomes unbearable, therefore, you have to fight the heat to keep your delicate skin cool. We have heard many times in the interview of various actors that they follow a proper skin care routine despite their hectic schedule.
We all want to look fresh and glowy all the time just like them, isn’t it? But the question is- Are you actually following the right skin care routine?
Before this, let us see how summer affects your skin-
How Does Summer Affect your Skin?
Increase in temperature during the summer, combined with humidity and dust, can increase the activity of the sebaceous glands. This makes oily skin appear oilier and dry skin appear rough and patchy. The heat can also cause more pores to open, which can get clogged with dirt and oil, trapping bacteria, causing acne, pimples, and blemishes on the face.
How to Take Care of your Skin
A routine actually helps us get better skin. Make a summer skin care routine and follow that every day to get a glowy and radiating skin.
- Washing Face: Wash your face regularly after coming home as it will not let dirt and oil particles stick to your face and let them become ugly pimples and blackheads.
- Clean up after a Workout: Just don’t forget to shower and wash your face after a good workout, so germs and dead skin cells don’t clog your pores.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating your skin is the must in summer. Continue to do this 2-3 times a week for beautiful skin.
- Removing Makeup: Remove makeup before going to bed is a must.
- Eat Right: Keep the consumption of dairy products to a minimum, since these may contain hormones that trigger oil production. Refined carbs like white bread, pasta, and chips can also make spots worse by fuelling inflammation.
- Sleep Enough: Sleeping for at least seven hours a day gives your body enough time to repair and regenerate skin cells.
Here is a few Summer Skin Care Essentials you must be needing to protect your skin.
Sunscreen for Skin Care
Sunscreen is must skincare essential in summer. Before buying sunscreen it’s important to check the SPF according to your skin type and intensity of the sun in your city. Apply the sunscreen at least 30 minutes before you step out so that it has time to soak into your skin properly.
A Good Cleanser
A face wash/cleansing gel is a handy thing to keep in your bag. This will help you cleanse your skin and keep your skin away from oil and dirt particles that are most likely to stick on your face due to heavy pollution. After some time when you step outside your face starts looking dirty and dull due to dust particles and sweat. But a face wash helps you get that glow back on your face.
TIP: Never forget to apply moisturiser after using a face wash. As your skin will become dry after using that and as a result, it will produce more oil.
Lip Balm with SPF
Lips are also a part of the skin and it is very significant to equally take care of your lips. Moreover, in summer our lips get chapped very quickly due to the inadequacy of water in our body.
Make it a point to carry a lip balm and apply it before you head out.
TIP: Instead of lip balm, you can also use coconut oil for healthy lips.
Natural Facepack to Restore Dull Skin
Try natural beauty face mask this Summer.
Take 2 spoons of gram flour, add half a tablespoon of honey in it. Then add 1 spoon of lemon juice, yoghurt and rose water in it.
In case, you don’t use lemon juice because of skin allergies then you can use tomato juice instead.
- Gram flour acts as a cleanser.
- Honey helps in boosting the moisture and glow of your skin.
- Lemon juice works as bleach and maintains the skin tone by removing tanning.
- Yoghurt and rose water help in giving the skin a smooth texture along with freshness.
TIP: You can also use ice cubes twice or thrice in a week during the summer. It will keep your skin fresh and protect it from pigmentation and blemishes.
Most important of all, you need to stay hydrated especially in summer. Drink 8/9 glasses of water per day for good radiating skin.
For keeping yourself hydrated you can also try – Benefits of Detox Water (And How to Make it).
It’s Time to Avoid These Mistakes!
You should also avoid some small mistakes and change these small habits in order to maintain a good skin.
- Using only water to wash your face.
- Washing your face too much.
- Not moisturizing oily skin.
- Exfoliating too much or too little.
- Constantly touching your face.
- Not changing your pillowcase too often.
- Not cleaning your makeup brushes.
- Sharing your makeup products.
- Not tying your hair while sleeping.
- Drinking diet soda
These were some points which you can use to improve the texture of your skin. Also, some small mistakes which you should avoid.
We hope you enjoyed these easy and simple tips to protect your skin from pollution, heat and dirt.
Sharing is caring! So, share this with your friends and family to motivate them to start taking care of their skin from now on!
Have any natural beauty tips of your own? Please share them in the comments section below.